Thursday 15 December 2011

God's Plans

In Jeremiah 29:11 it says (MSG):
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." ... and this is where many people stop ... but I'll go on ... "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you. I'll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you."-God's Decree-"bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it." vv12-14

So I went to bed early to get a good night's sleep (as in, asleep by just after 9pm ... MIRACLE!) and I was very much looking forward to 8 hours of rest. But alas, God had other things in mind ... 2.45am and bang, awake ... totally don't get His sense of humour at times but when He needs my attention ... He'll get it by any means =D!

I read this verse the other day and it's been running around in my head since then as well. God wants us all to know that He has EVERYTHING under control ... yes, things may not make much sense at the moment, whether we are going through the wilderness season or even trying to get through the days facing up to bad choices made previously, He is there. We need not struggle ... we need not try to work out the huh moment, or what can I do to make things  better ... the main things we need to do are:
1. TRUST GOD
2. SEEK GOD
3. OBEY GOD
Only three things ... and the 3rd is usually the stumbling block ... not for rebellious reasons but more that it sometimes requires boldness and to let go of control ... something we humans can grapple with.
In Exodus 3:14 (AMP) "And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!"
God is the Great I AM - we have NOTHING TO FEAR or WORRY - He has got whatever is on your heart & mind covered. We need to be sensitive to the leading of His Holy Spirit, respond and let Him take control & guide us.

It is all about Jesus at the end of the day ... we are His masterpiece, created for His Glory - nothing will ever take that away.

xoxo

No comments: