Tuesday 20 December 2011

Wilderness can be testing … ok it is testing!

One of the key stories of the wilderness experience is in the book of Exodus when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt. The people had times of doubt but God came through every time – even when it seemed like another second and they would be dust … they weren’t because God had a greater plan and destiny for them.

In 1 Corinthians 10, we are reminded that we are to learn lesson’s from their season of wilderness …

“These things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us who live at the end of the age. If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” 1 Cor 10:11-13

From chapter 13 – the love chapter as we mostly know it, Paul writes - “It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”

And in one of my favourite books in the Bible “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12.

Yes, I am going through a wilderness season but as heartbreaking as it is, frustrating as it is, difficult as it is – I have hope, I have truth, I have God. There are lessons that need be learnt, lessons already clearly shown to me that I am well aware of and so thankful for and some more Holy Spirit intervention to be revealed.

I am definitely counting down the days until I head back to a place which has through the years always had my heart and I truly believe that there is a reason for it – what that reason is - ??? But God has got that covered, I’m not going to fret or try to work it out. I’m going to make these last few days count for His Kingdom so that I’m ready for the next step in the journey once I land on that beautiful land that is Singapore.

xoxo


No comments: