Monday 15 August 2011

His timing - spot on at every moment

I was reading through my devotions this morning and numerous readings and given they are from different sources ...

Proverbs 7:1-3 "Follow my advice, my son; always treasure my commands. Obey my commands and live! Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes. Tie them on your fingers as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart." NLT
Verse 3 in MSG: "Write it out on the back of your hands; etch it on the chambers of your heart." ... WHOA!!!!!

Psalm 27:4 NLT " The one thing I ask of the LORD - the thing I seek most - is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD's perfections and meditating in his Temple."
Verse 14: "Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD."

Psalm 27:4 AMP "One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple."

Then in Awakened, Ps Holly was referring to Matt 16:18 "Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it."

Ps Holly then goes on to say: "We must get to the place where we realize that everything we are is meant to contribute to the mission God has sent us on.
It's not about us at all.
Again, its about His kingdom and His cause."

So really we must remember that it's ALL ABOUT JESUS!! and to seek Him in everything and dwell in His house for the rest of our days.

xoxo

No comments: