Monday 22 August 2011

Sayings

So I've realised that in the last couple of months I've been spending time with people (who are awesome) and now, I respond to things with their sayings ...

That's right
Correct
Sweet cash

Weird if not in context but even now, it brings a smile to my face (like cheshire cat style).

What's weirder still is that when I don't get a chance to say hi or hang with these guys, it's like I've moved to another planet (well we are all busy people so seeing them not so regularly is actually the norm lol) but recently due to Hillsong conference and post happenings, it's been more the norm seeing them rather than not :p

So anyway, it got me thinking - who do we hang around with, what is the language we are surrounding ourselves with and are people more encouraged after interaction with us? Not just literally either - how much time are we (am I?!) spending with Jesus? Am I immersing myself in His Words and thoughts and then reflecting this when with others?

What I really have noticed that after spending time with these guys, their language reflects their character and who they have uniquely been created to be to carry out His work 'for such a time as this'. I have really had the blessing of getting to know so many people but these guys are above and beyond any others I have got to know before. They are seriously going to impact the lives of those around them and more - regardless of where they finally reside! I praise God that He allowed our journeys to collide and know that it's not just for a season (woo hoo!).

God has inspired me (through them) to keep immersing myself in His language - for me and for those that I will come into contact with. Some great verses from Proverbs to part with:

Prov 16:24 NLT "Kind words are like honey - sweet to the soul and healthy for the body"
AMP "Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body"

Prov 18:4 NLT "Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook"
MSG "Many words rush along like rivers in flood, but deep wisdom flows up from artesian springs."
AMP "The words of a [discreet and wise] man's mouth are like deep waters [plenteous and difficult to fathom], and the fountain of skillful and godly Wisdom is like a gushing stream [sparkling, fresh, pure, and life-giving].

xoxo

No comments: